Sunday, March 31, 2013

ToMorrow! ToMorrow!


I love ya tomorrow........

Singer I am not. Reader I am.

Tomorrow starts the Shelf Challenge!! I am so excited to be a part of this challenge. As a newbie school librarian I have been randomly reading all school year. I have read Sequoyah winners and nominees, I have read old favorites, I have read the books most checked out, I have read (almost) all the new books I have purchased this year, I have read teacher and student recommendations.

And now----I'm going to read the H section of our everybody books!!! I am so excited!! Ms. Shelly, my amazing assistant, chose the H section for me and I chose the D/E section for her. We have our reading logs posted on the circulation desk and are excited to read our first book tomorrow! We are going to record and rate each book we read and post our results for patrons to see. Which book will be first? What will it be? Should I start with the first or just choose? I think I will have a student choose for me each day!!

Our students get to have a reading challenge as well. They will check out from our challenge letter daily. I hope we make it through the alphabet. We will start with the M's tomorrow. I hope this challenge helps to energize us all as we feel the drain of almost continuous test prep! Our fifth graders will be taking the writing test Wednesday and Thursday of this week. Too bad I can't read during the test!!

Let the reading begin!

No comments:

Post a Comment