Friday, June 29, 2012

Read this!!

So as I continue my quest through the Sequoyah books I read a favorite author and a new one(for me).

First was The Buffalo are Back by Jean Craighead George. Let me say I love her books. but this one...hmmm not so much. It will be a great book to teach biomes and Native American interactions. I wish it would have referenced all the state and national parks where buffalo can still be found.


This next one though....FABULOUS!!! Read this now!!! Out of my Mind by Sharon M. Draper was outstanding. This would be a great read aloud for school. What a great perspective for a story of a girl with cerebal palsy. This blew me away. Stunning! I want everybody to read this so I can talk more about it. Yes....I did read all morning!

For just fun reading I read The First Husband by Laura Dave. Definitely for grown ups but not sex scenes that are so embarassing. It was really good. It actually had an ending that I did not figure out beforehand. It also had lots of travel reference that would be fun to research. by the way my copy borrowed from the local public library had a pic of only one shirt and tie. you know its the little things.

go read a book-Kathy

No comments:

Post a Comment